hopRSS

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hyper Acidity Dilemma

I'm one of the person who struggles with hyper acidity. I experience these attacks at least twice a year. And the pain is unbearable. I quickly leave for work when I feel the first sign of it occurring, because I know its going to get a lot worse. When these pains attack I consequently wind up vomiting. In a way I anticipate to resulting to that because it's the only way to ease the excruciating pain I'm going to feel. And it will take about till the next day to feel relieved. So ill be lucky if I get to catch some kind of sleep while having this hyper acidity attack. I have consulted doctors and got treatment of some kind. But despite all the medicines I took, I still cant finish a year without experiencing an attack.

Hyper acidity or acid dyspepsia is a common dietary disorder which affects almost 25% of the people in the US each year. Hyper acidity could be described as a disorder of the modern and urban cities where the eating habits of people are quite irregular.

My doctor told me hyper acidity can be caused by consumption of certain kinds of medications over a long period of time. If you are habitual of drinking alcohol, then along with doing damage to your liver, then you are also given the invitation to the problem of hyper acidity. Also, heavy smoking is considered one of the common cause of hyper acidity. Ulcers in the stomach are also one of the prime causes, once diagnosed with ulcer, surgical procedures will be done to remove the stomach ulcers. A gastric disorder called as the acid reflux disease was also mentioned by my doctor that when this happens, it builds up the level of acidity in the stomach. And yes, stress is also one of the triggers that cause hyper acidity.

With all the consultation I had, the advice I took from my doctor that I vigilantly follow is try not to miss any meal (breakfast,lunch, dinner). It is important that one should ensure that your daily gastric cycle is maintained. If you try to skip a meal, the chances of a strong gastric unrest is likely. I also try to avoid alcoholic drinks, tea and coffee as much as possible. I try to stop smoking(believe me I'm getting there). I'm not a fan of milk, but now I include it in my diet. Milk aids in balancing the effects of the gastric juices. I consult my doctor on medicines before I take them, because medicines like aspirin, diclofenac, etc. are known to increase hyper acidity. I now prefer drinking water with food than sodas or any other sour juices that induce acid. And its worth mentioning again that don't stay hungry for too long.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment